All the standard features of Sonder, plus specialised caregiver and wellbeing services for young people and students under 18.
+ $300 set up & welcome package
Sonder Guardian benefits
- Tailored care to each student, including regular meetings to monitor wellbeing and provide early intervention if there are any issues. This includes fortnightly in-person wellbeing check and a phone call every other week.
- Timely and continual feedback to parents and education providers on the health and wellbeing of the student.
- Monthly update report and phone/video call with parents.
- Independent advocacy on behalf of the student for all safety and welfare issues, including escorting to medical or specialist appointments, ensuring they meet visa requirements for school attendance, and attending school meetings on the parent’s behalf.
- In-person assistance if the student needs to change accommodation.
- A welcome call to explain how Sonder Guardian works and how to get the most out of the trip to Australia.
- Pre-departure call to confirm flight details and transfers.
- Access to Sonder’s dedicated app, newsfeed and host of safety and wellbeing features.
- Ensuring safe arrival and transfer from the airport to homestay accommodation.
- Making sure your child is set up with essential items such as bank accounts, mobile phone and any other living requirements.
- In-person orientation session to familiarise the student with the campus and surrounding area.
A Sonder welcome pack including SIM card, public transport card, city guide.
All of our guardians are thoroughly vetted prior to commencing caregiver responsibilities, including ‘Working With Children’ checks, police background checks and appropriate professional experience. Our multilingual staff are well positioned to support your child as they transition to a new study environment.
View the Sonder Complaints and Resolution Policy.