Sonder Guardian benefits
- Tailored care to each student, including regular meetings to monitor wellbeing and provide early intervention if there are any issues. This includes fortnightly in-person wellbeing check and a phone call every other week.
- Timely and continual feedback to parents and education providers on the health and wellbeing of the student.
- Monthly update report and phone/video call with parents.
- Independent advocacy on behalf of the student for all safety and welfare issues, including escorting to medical or specialist appointments, ensuring they meet visa requirements for school attendance, and attending school meetings on the parent’s behalf.
- In-person assistance if the student needs to change accommodation.
- A welcome call to explain how Sonder Guardian works and how to get the most out of the trip to Australia.
- Pre-departure call to confirm flight details and transfers.
- Access to Sonder’s dedicated app, newsfeed and host of safety and wellbeing features.
- Ensuring safe arrival and transfer from the airport to homestay accommodation.
- Making sure your child is set up with essential items such as bank accounts, mobile phone and any other living requirements.
- In-person orientation session to familiarise the student with the campus and surrounding area.
A Sonder welcome pack including SIM card, public transport card, city guide.
All of our guardians are thoroughly vetted prior to commencing caregiver responsibilities, including ‘Working With Children’ checks, police background checks and appropriate professional experience. Our multilingual staff are well positioned to support your child as they transition to a new study environment.
View the Sonder Complaints and Resolution Policy.
What our customers are saying
During a major incident nearby in Melbourne CBD, Sonder called to make sure I was safe. Sonder allows me to explore with peace of mind
University of Melbourne, VIC
Because of Sonder, I am able to seek assistance in emergency situations, therefore my personal safety is guaranteed
Australian National University, Canberra
With the support and compassion of Sonder, parents can be relieved. With appropriate assistance, children can adjust to studying abroad faster. I would recommend Sonder!
Mother of student at Taylors College, Perth